This Is Your Life
The preparations for this game take quite a bit of planning, but the results are truly memorable.
- Cassette recorder and blank tape
- Black construction paper and white poster board
- Playing Time: l hour
How to Play
- Choose the lucky guest of honor for your party.
- Find out which friends and relatives the guest hasn’t seen for a while, such as a grandparent, cousin, old neighbor, friend from college, former coworker, and so on.
- Invite the selected friends and relatives to come to the party early, before the guest of honor arrives.
- Cut out silhouettes of their profiles from black paper and mount them on white poster board.
- Tape record their voices as they recall a fond or funny memory.
- Keep the guests hidden until everyone else has arrived.
- Read a brief and mysterious introduction to the first surprise guest. Display the silhouette, then play the tape recorded message.
- Have the guest of honor try to guess who the mystery guest is.
- Bring out the mystery guest for a surprise reunion.
- Continue with the next mystery guest.
- Variation: If the mystery guests live far away and can’t come to the party, call them and record their voices over the telephone.