Motivate Your Guests
- Along with invitations, call a few people and ask them to call others about the party. This will create a “word of mouth” effect which always builds excitement.
- If you are busy with last minute details ask your most congenial and outgoing guest to come early to greet guests as they arrive.
- Before anyone has a chance to get into cliques or small groups, start a game that helps everyone get to know each other. You may need to have someone “demonstrate or sample” the first game of the evening.
If you need your guests to form partnerships and they did not come as couples, use nametags as matching symbols of partnerships, For example:
- Matching puzzle pieces
- Matching colors
- Matching shapes
- Song lyrics
- Famous couples
- Cartoon characters (match Scooby Doo and Scrappy, Popeye and Olive)
- Matching fabric patterns such as plaids, strips, or poka-dots